Dating Article Top 10 Online Dating Site Traps to Avoid
Online Dating has never been more popular. If you want to increase your chances of success in this process, here are a few things to look out for.
- Gentlemen, if you meet a woman from a dating site that you actually decide you're going to see after that initial first date, great. If after a week of dating that woman she tells you that she loves you, run! This is your typical, garden variety needy, stalker cling-a-lot. She'll cause you nothing but grief and sleepless nights as you worry about whether you'll come home to find your dog boiling on the stove.
- Ladies, if you meet a guy from a dating site that you actually decide that you're going to see after that initial first date, great. If after a week of dating that dude, he tells you that he loves you, run! This is also an example of your typical, garden variety, needy, stalker cling-a-lot. He'll cause you nothing but grief, and sleepless nights of erasing his wacko stalker messages from your voicemail.
- Ladies, if you meet a guy online, who looks more like a homeless man in person, he probably is. If he doesn't want you to see his car, run. I spoke with a woman, who met a dude who parked so far away on their first date that this woman couldn't get a look at his car at all. He showed up to the date in grubby clothing, and couldn't be verbally clear about exactly what it was that he did for a living. Needless to say, she never saw him again.
- In the internet dating process, people lie. Don't shoot the messenger; I'm just speaking the truth. Generally they lie to make themselves seem more attractive to members of the opposite sex. But for some reason, they don't think about what the opposite sex is going to think or do, when they actually have to meet. What are you going to do when she sees that you're not actually 6'2"? How are you going to explain why you lied, without looking like a jackass? At that point, it's already too late. Rule #1 says "Anyone who will lie about something as obvious as his/her height or weight, will lie about anything else." It's true. Listen to it. Remember it. Adopt it like a religion people.
- Remember gentlemen, women look at everything. Don't think you can put one over on her with those beat up Nikes. If you told her that you have a good job, make decent money, don't live at home with mom and dad, but you show up to the first date in a ratty old, shredded leather jacket, and a sweater and pants that look like you just pulled them from a Goodwill bin, she'll walk. And she should.
- Ladies, if he shows up to that first date, looking as though he just rolled out of bed, run.
- If he's already seated at the restaurant/coffee shop when you get there, and he doesn't stand up to acknowledge you in some way (ie. a handshake), leave. This guy's got something to hide with regard to his physical appearance. It's either his third trimester beer gut, or the fact that he's actually 4'11" tall. Just get atta' there.
- Ladies, if you meet him for the first time, and he wants to split the bill, walk. But if it's your decision to pay for your own coffee or lunch … great!
- If he's already been married four times girls … need I say more?
- If he/she still has a close relationship with his/her ex (unless they have kids, in which case he/she should be close to the kids, not the ex), maybe you it's best to keep looking.
About the Author
Chris A. Cameron is an avid dater (still looking the 'the one' and having tons of fun in the process), who advises men and women on dating issues. Find more of Chris' advice at haveanywoman.blogspot.com.
Internet Dating Sites
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
» Dating Services
Internet Dating Advice
Best Dating Sites
Love Relationships Online
Online Dating Traps
Online Dating Women
Online Dating Sites
Internet Dating Sites
Online Dating Scammer
Truthful Dating Profiles
Dating Sites News
Internet Dating Blog
Get coupon codes, free trial and free communication weekend announcements from internet dating sites like eHarmony, Match, Chemistry, Perfect Match and more on our Internet Dating Blog.
or visit our Blog weekly for the latest special offers and discounts.